Happy Birthday Dr. Burke!
Today is Dr. Burke’s 40th birthday and we wanted to give him the biggest birthday shoutout! What better way to do that, than by telling you 40 fun facts about him!
- He served an LDS mission in Manaus, Brazil
- On his mission, he fell in a 30 foot well in the jungle….while it was dark!
- He has a really good singing voice, which is something most people don’t know!
- He loves to fish and hunt, but hates camping and sleeping in a tent
- He cuts his own hair
- He loves salt and vinegar chips
- He loves cadbury mini eggs on hot popcorn
- He HATES raisins
- He gets the same smoothie, from the same place…..every single day.
- He also has a serious addiction to Nielsen’s Frozen Custard
- He loves anything/everything to do with Hawaii
- He loves Seinfeld
- He does a killer impersonation of Sid the Sloth
- He loves reggae music.
- In high school he held records in Basketball for: making 10 3-pointers in one game, 168 3-pointers in a career, and a free throw percentage of 14/14 in one game!
- He loves reliving his glory days by coaching youth basketball. He even plays 3-4 times a week, himself!
- He played basketball for Dixie College from 2000-2001.
- He was the first person from Utah State University to be accepted into UNC’s dental program.
- He saved his wife, Darci, from drowning on their honeymoon…nearly killing himself on a coral reef in the process!
- He has 5 adorable kiddos, who we’d bet would say he’s the best dad ever!
- He is very affectionate and loves to snuggle his wife and kids
- He loves taking his boat out to the lake and showing off his rad skills on the wake surf
- He can do a 360 on the wake surf!
- He has the cutest pups named Oakli and Rubi!
- He loves Rocky Road Ice cream
- There is never a day that Dr. Burke isn’t wearing a new cool pair of socks
- His favorite color is Burke Blue
- One of his favorite restaurants is Fogo de Chao, a Brazilian steakhouse in Las Vegas!
- He’s got killer dance moves, including the Whip and Nae Nae. His 10 year old daughter, Emri, says he can even Twerk!
- His favorite NFL team is the Broncos
- His favorite NCAA team is the North Carolina Tarheels
- He’s OBSESSED with shoes and always has the sickest kicks
- He’s also very much so OBSESSED with Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper!
- He tested out to be a Red on the color personality test!
- He’s got the kindest spirit, and most charitable heart
- He’s one of the BEST orthodontists
- He recently went back to his old stomping grounds in North Carolina for the first time in 10 years.
38: He has a long board and loves skating in the summer
39: He has an awesome Burked Out Jeep
40: And he’s the best boss around!
Happy BURKEday to you, Dr. Burke! We hope this year brings you lots of happiness, you deserve it!